Sunday, April 16, 2017

Nail Art: Glitter Water Marble Nails


Hi guys and Happy Easter!  I love looking at people's water marbles on Instagram and Pinterest but my past attempts at trying it have all failed.  And frankly, I don't think these were perfect but to date this is my best attempt.  I started with a base coat and then used two other polishes to marble with.  Here are the polishes I selected:

Sally Hansen Xtreme Wear "White On", China Glaze "Fairy Dust" and Essie "DJ On Board".

I started with two coats of Essie's "DJ On Board" which is a fun neon purple.  I then used Sally Hansen Xtreme Wear's "White On" and China Glaze's "Fairy Dust" to marble with.  (If you are curious how to water marble I suggest searching YouTube and Instagram where some awesome people - who are better than me - can explain how to do it.)  I struggled this time with the nail polish not spreading out on the water and some sinking straight to the bottom of the cup.  I don't think I used the correct type of water but tap water was all I had.

Overall I think these nails turned out pretty well, though I wish I could get the hang of water marbling because it is such a gorgeous look when it is done correctly.

If you want to know more about Essie's "DJ On Board" or China Glaze's "Fairy Dust" check out my previous posts.

Be sure to follow the blog on Instagram and Twitter @PerfPolished12 to keep up with all my nail polish adventures!

Thanks for reading my blog!  :)

No comments:

Post a Comment