Tuesday, December 4, 2012

butter LONDON "Fiddlesticks"



So sorry for not posting as much as usual!  I got a part time job at the mall and it has been eating away my time that I usually spend on painting my nails!  Hopefully now that I have gotten used to how my time is being spent I'll be able to get back to posting more regularly!

So Black Friday yielded several new nail polishes, some that I had had my eye on and several that I found good sales on!  I believe I added seven new nail polishes and some nail jewels!  Though I must admit I was a little disappointed by Sephora's lack of sales!  (As in they only had one small sale table that at 9am had already been picked to death!)  However Nordstroms made me very happy with their buy two get one free on their butter LONDON and Deborah Lippmann nail polishes (and you were allowed to mix and match between the brands!).  The Nordstroms sale is actually where I got this week's polish!

So on to this week's nail polish: butter LONDON "Fiddlesticks."  I fell in love with "Fiddlesticks" as soon as I saw it on the shelf!  It is this gorgeous deep fuchsia polish with a ton of micro glitter in fuchsia and burgundy!  Together they form this wonderful nail polish!  I also love this nail polish for the Winter holidays because it is shimmer and fun but full of class and elegance!

As for application I am mixed.  The polish itself applied decently well for a glitter polish but refused to apply in one long stroke down the entire nail.  Therefore the tips of my nails look uneven and some are even missing polish!  However if you can get the polish to apply well then you could probably get away with one coat.  I used two coats in an effort to even the polish out, and from a distance my nails look fine.  In terms of chipping it began just hours after I finished painting my nails.  It started on the tips and worked its way up my nails.  (In fact in order to get pictures for this blog I had to repaint my middle, ring, and pinky fingers!)  As for removing "Fiddlesticks" it wasn't the worst glitter polish I have ever removed but it did take some time to do.  I spent about 15 or 20 minutes working it off my nails and even still it is stuck on some of the cuticles.

Oh and I went to ULTA today and they currently have a bunch of sales on nail polish!  China Glaze, Zoya, Orly, and Piggy Polish are all buy two get one free.  While OPI polishes are buy two get a free full sized holiday color (and the three choices are super pretty!)  And the ULTA brand nail polishes are buy one get one free.  And if I remember correctly this sale goes until Christmas Eve.

Thanks for reading my blog!

No comments:

Post a Comment