Saturday, March 9, 2013

butterLONDON "Jasper"



Hi guys!  So this week I decided to try out a new nail polish that recently came out as part of butterLONDON's Spring/Summer 2013 Sweetie Shop Collection.  This collection from butterLONDON is mostly  comprised of pastel colors, which I wasn't too impressed with since pastel nail polish is fairly easy to find, but one pale yellow color called "Jasper" caught my eye because I do not have a color like that in my collection.  I purchased "Jasper" at my local Nordstroms for $15 (USA), which is pretty expensive for a nail polish, but at the time Nordstroms was having a butterLONDON special that if you bought a nail polish you got a butterLONDON Lippy for free.  And I couldn't pass that up, which means that I really got the nail polish for about $8 (USA), and that is fairly reasonable for a nail polish.

So butterLONDON's "Jasper" is a pale Spring-like color, perfect for Easter in a few weeks.  I love the creamy yellow color of "Jasper" and was pleasantly surprised how well the color looked on my skin tone.  Often I find yellows and beiges very difficult to look nice on me.  As for application butterLONDON "Jasper" went on pretty well, though being a light color the polish has a decent amount of streaking.  The streaking was less noticeable once I applied the second coat of color, and even less noticeable after I applied a quick drying top coat.  However some minor streaking is still noticeable.  In terms of chipping I was afraid that like the last two butterLONDON nail polishes I had tried "Jasper" would begin to chip withing 24 to 48 hours.  But "Jasper" surprised me by lasting about 5 days before I saw a lot of chipping!  And even then the chipping was minimal and mostly on the tips of my nails!  I am very pleased with butterLONDON's "Jasper"!

Overall I like butterLONDON's "Jasper" for its gorgeous color, but $15 is pretty high for a nail polish.  But I know I will be wearing this polish more throughout the rest of Spring and into Summer 2013!

Thanks for reading my blog!  :)

No comments:

Post a Comment