Monday, April 9, 2012

Sally Hansen "Peachy Keen"


This past Sunday was Easter, so I broke out my first Lilly Pulitzer dress of the season, which means I needed to re-paint my nails!  I decided to try a nude nail polish to look all posh and sophisticated.  I discovered that A. I only own one nude nail polish and that B. It looks horrible on me!  I own Sally Hansen’s Complete Salon Manicure in “Peachy Keen” and the color is fabulous and the polish works nicely as well.  My problem with the color is that I am so pale that “Peachy Keen” makes me look like I have no finger nails.  Fortunately for me it did look nice with my dress for Easter.

So here is a summary of Sally Hansen Complete Salon Manicure.  The color is quite pretty and I feel like on a darker skin tone it would look fabulous!  I definitely plan on trying it out again this summer when I have a tan.  The quality of the polish is nice.  The brush is nice and wide making it easy to cover the nail in fewer strokes.  The problem with “Peachy Keen” is it is such a light color it streaks easily.  I was able to get a fairly smooth polish in two coats, with a topcoat (Orly Sec’N’Dry) and a basecoat (Sally Hansen “Invisible.”)  I have been wearing the polish for about three days now and it hasn’t chipped at all which is practically a miracle since there was all the Easter festivities and a little DIY at my parent’s house.  I plan on repainting my nails soon, which means that I won’t be able to see how long this polish lasts.

Hope everyone had a lovely Easter and thanks for reading my blog! J

No comments:

Post a Comment