Saturday, March 31, 2012

OPI "Mermaid's Tears"



So in the last couple of weeks it has really become Spring here in North Carolina and I have started to pick lots of fun Springtime nail polish to wear!  Spring and Summer are my favorite two seasons to wear nail polish because the colors are brighter and people can actually see you nail polish because it isn’t hidden underneath gloves and giant boots.

This week I decided to break out my favorite nail polish of all time OPI’s “Mermaid’s Tears.”  “Mermaid’s Tears” came out last Spring around the same time that Pirates of the Caribbean 4: On Stranger Tides came out.  (OPI released a collection about the movie.)  I have to say I have loved the Pirates of the Caribbean movies, so I was a little nervous about the fourth one since it didn’t have Keira Knightley and Orlando Bloom in it, but it turned out to be a fantastic movie!  Anyway that is beside the point because we are talking about nail polish.  I won’t spoil the plot for you but mermaid’s tears are important to the movie and I LOVE this color!

OPI’s “Mermaid’s Tears” is this light aquamarine color that is really vibrant.  (The picture makes it look darker than it really is!  Sorry!)  It is my favorite color of all time!  The formula is a little thick and the first layer looks really streaky but after a second coat I can usually get it to look even.  As always I used Salon Hansen’s Hard as Nails Xtreme Wear in “Invisible” as the base coat and I used Orly’s “Sec’N’Dry” as the quick dry top coat.  I find “Mermaid’s Tears” to last very well and it usually takes about a week or so before it starts to chip, which is really good for me.

Unfortunately I don’t think you can buy this polish in stores anymore.  You might be able to buy it on Amazon, just make sure you pick a reliable vender so you get what you paid for and it is a new bottle.  I recently bought a bottle from the vender: Nail Polish Supplies and my product came and was packaged really well so that the bottle didn’t break.  Also the reviews for the company from other people showed that lots of other customers also got what they ordered.

Thanks for reading my blog! J

No comments:

Post a Comment