Tuesday, October 2, 2012

September Nail Design: Pinterest

Hey guys!  So sorry it has been a couple of weeks since my last post.  I ended up getting sick, and then I had to have my wisdom teeth out, and then I got sick again.  Anyway I am better now and so excited to continue painting my nails!

So last month I started trying out different nail designs that I had found, and I decided to try one a month.  So this month I decided to try an easy one!

Here is the original picture I found on Pinterest:

(no original source found)

The design didn't look too hard and the nice thing is I figured I could pick any light colored nail polish I want for the base color!  Plus I figured with a nail art pen writing "love" wouldn't be too difficult!

Here are the colors I picked:

From left to right: Sally Hansen Nail Art Pen in "Black", Essie's "Raise Awareness", and OPI's "Gargantuan Green Grape."

Okay I decided that instead of just using one basecoat color I would use "Gargantuan Green Grape" as an accent nail color and "Raise Awareness" as the main color.  I know that this color combo is really more Spring-like than Fall-like but during the month of October I exclusively wear only pink nail polish.  October is Breast Cancer Awareness month, which is special to me because several members of my family are Breast Cancer survivors!  The Essie polish I used is named "Raise Awareness" because it is one of Essie's Breast Cancer Awareness polishes from 2011.  This year Essie has released four more pink polishes, which can be purchased at any ULTA store!

Alright here is how my nails came out:

This is my left hand.
 
 
 
This is my right hand.
 
 
So as you probably noticed I only wrote "love" on my left hand.  I did this because I am right handed and couldn't write well enough with my left hand.  I did however manage to put a heart on my right accent nail.  Both Essie's "Raise Awareness" and OPI's "Gargantuan Green Grape" required three coats of polish to cover completely.  Also I noticed that the black nail art pen has started to fade after only two days and come off (see the "v" on my left hand), which is a little disappointing because I used a topcoat to seal the design in.  But otherwise this Pinterest nail design was super easy to do and turned out great!  Also this design could easily be done using different words like: joy, hope, and peace!
 
Hope you liked my nail design and thanks for reading my blog!

No comments:

Post a Comment