Wednesday, June 26, 2013

Rimmel London "Hot Chili Pepper"


Hi everyone!  I cannot believe June is almost over!  Seriously when did that happen!?!  So this week I decided to go very bright and fun and wear Rimmel London's 60 Seconds in "Hot Chili Pepper."  I will say though that despite the claims of being dry in 60 seconds I found it still took 10 to 15 minutes and then a quick drying topcoat to get dry.

"Hot Chili Pepper" is not shockingly a hot bright orange-red color.  I really like the color and it was fun to wear!  The formula was very nice and it went on easily and it was also very easy to control.  However the polish was still a bit streaky on my nails, even after two coats, so that was a little sad.  As for chipping the minor tip chips started on the very first day!  That was definitely disappointing, however "Hot Chili Pepper" wasn't done disappointing yet.  By the end of the second day all of my nails, with the exception of my pinkies, were chipped!  I am definitely sad that this gorgeous color chipped so quickly!  I barely got to wear this nail polish before it was ruined!

Overall Rimmel London's "Hot Chili Pepper" was a major disappointment.  While I do really love the gorgeous color, the fact that the polish is somewhat streaky and chipped beyond repair in 36 hours is just plain sad to me!  I would like to hope that maybe the extreme chipping was just a fluke, but I won't hold my breath.  I do plan on trying this nail polish out again in the future and maybe next time I'll have better luck with it.

Thanks for reading my blog!  :)

1 comment:

  1. I found this in my old cabinet! I decided to go to your blog and check this review out. I found that it, in fact, is not streaky for me! I love it! You know what else I love? Your blog!!! Your blog is so awesome! :D

    ReplyDelete