Tuesday, August 13, 2013

Sinful Colors "Innocent"


Hi guys!  Happy middle of August!  Since it has rained so much this Summer all the trees and grass are super green, so I went with a matching green nail polish!.  This week I decided to try out a new to me brand of nail polish called Sinful Colors.  Sinful Colors retails for $1.99 (USA) a bottle and throughout the year can be found on sale at many drugstores for 99 cents!  I own a couple of bottles of Sinful Colors and they have been sitting gathering dust for a while and I decided that it was time to change that so I pulled out the brightest one I own "Innocent."

Sinful Colors "Innocent" is this very bright grass green color.  I love the color in the bottle, but I'll admit that after the first coat of nail polish went on I was a bit worried that "Innocent" might be a bit to chartreuse green for me.  However after two coats of color and a topcoat I really like the bright color of Sinful Colors "Innocent."  I found the formula to be fairly good.  It was just the tiniest bit watery, which made it too easy for the brush to soak up a lot of nail polish!  The result was that the brush was a bit hard to maneuver.  But "Innocent" was opaque after two coats and had no streaking, which is always nice!  As for chipping Sinful Colors "Innocent" lasted about three days.  We skipped minor chips and instead the nail polish started coming off in chunks.  I want to say that I am disappointed in how fast "Innocent" chipped but for a relatively inexpensive bottle of polish three days is actually pretty good!  However when I removed the nail polish my nails were stained green for well over a week after, so that was a bit disappointing!

Overall I am neither pleased nor displeased by Sinful Colors "Innocent."  The color is pretty and I did get several nice comments about it.  But the large amounts of chippings after only three days and how much it stained my nails is a bit sad.  I will most likely wear Sinful Colors "Innocent" again because of the fun color!

Thanks for reading my blog!

No comments:

Post a Comment