Saturday, August 3, 2013

Deborah Lippmann "Mermaid's Dream"



Hi everyone and happy August!  I cannot believe how fast time is flying by!  Here in North Carolina it is hot as Hades, just like every Summer!  So to help cool me off I decided to pull out Deborah Lippmann's "Mermaid's Dream" which is this fantastic blue-green colored nail polish with glitter!  This nail polish looks like the ocean when the sun hits is!  It just shines and shimmers!

So I purchase my Deborah Lippmann polishes from Nordstrom's and they are outrageously priced at $18 (USA) a bottle!  I only own a couple of her nail polishes because of that!  However I purchased "Mermaid's Dream" on Black Friday 2012 and got a fantastic price of $10 (USA)!  (Which I thought was quite a steal!)  Formula wise "Mermaid's Dream" is a bit watery, but since it is a glitter nail polish that actually worked to my advantage!  The slightly watery nail polish actually went on quite nicely and allowed me to be ale to spread the glitter out evenly!  I was worried about the nail polish not being opaque because it is a bit watery, but that wasn't entirely the case.  After my usual two coats, "Mermaid's Dream" was about 80% opaque, but the nail polish was getting too thick on the nail for a third coat.  Before placing my topcoat on I noticed that "Mermaid's Dream" looked kind of textured due to all the glitter and felt similar to OPI's liquid sand.  I would recommend a topcoat be used on Deborah Lippmann's "Mermaid's Dream" to prevent the nail polish from snagging on clothes.  As for chipping well it started within the first hour or two!  My right thumb smudged and got wrinkles in it, which cannot be fixed except by repainting that nail (and that wasn't about to happen!)  As the day passed the chipping got worse.  Mostly it just rubbed itself right off the tips of my nails and even with a topcoat the nail polish still managed to snag on things, which of course caused large chunks of polish to fall off.  I would say "Mermaid's Dream" lasted about four days for me.  As for removing the nail polish that was a nightmare!  I had to scrub and scrub to get the polish off and even then the glitter wanted to stay on like it was done with super glue!  All in all I think it took about 45 minutes to remove Deborah Lippmann's "Mermaid's Dream" from my nails!

Overall while I like the color and the way "Mermaid's Dream" looks on my nails the fact that it was so expensive and still got ruined in less than a day is definitely not okay!  Add that to how long it took to remove the nail polish from my poor nails and I may not wear this nail polish again any time soon!

Thanks for reading my blog!

No comments:

Post a Comment