Saturday, May 5, 2012

OPI "Come to Poppy"



Hey everyone!  So this weekend is my graduation from college so I went and got a real manicure from a salon!  I love going to the salon but I don't do it very much because I do enjoy painting my own nails.  I save trips to the salon for extra special occasions and then I pick a color that I don't own, just for fun!  Anyway my graduation dress is a solid green Lilly Pulitzer, so of course I got my nails done in a hot pink!  However I just realized yesterday that my nail polish is going to clash horribly with my burgundy cap and gown!  Oh well it will look good with the dress.  Also side note: Sorry for the blurry picture my camera is on his last leg.

So when I was looking at all the colors the salon had I literally went for the brightest pink that wasn't a neon because I want it to stand out but not be too overwhelming.  The color I chose is by OPI and it is called "Come to Poppy."  It is this fantastic hot pink but it appears to have a lot of silver micro glitter in it, which makes it so fabulous!  It is very hot pink and the glitter makes it shimmer when the light hits it!  This time since I was at the salon I don't know all of the products she used but they appeared to be mostly by OPI.  The manicurist used an OPI basecoat, topcoat and some OPI drying drops.  I always get so worried about my nails getting dry though because I am afraid I am going to ruin them before they are fully dry so when I got back home I applied a final top coat and I used Orly's "Sec'N'Dry."  I adore Orly's "Sec'N'Dry" because after fifteen minutes I don't have to worry because my nals are dry!  I was nervous about mixing topcoats but it worked out fine.

I have only had the polish on for about two days and so far I have not had any chipping at all, which is a miracle for me because no matter how dainty I try to be I always seem to damage my nails.  As always OPI makes great nail polish and "Come to Poppy" is no exception.  It only required two coats to be opaque and looks great!  Also I just have to say it "Come to Poppy" is just the cutest name!  The nail polish is about the color of a poppy flower but I also just love a good pun!

Thanks for reading my blog!  And happy summer!

EDIT: So I have had "Come to Poppy" on for about five days now and I am starting to see a little chipping on the very ends of my nails.  Nothing major but still chipping.  Also upon closer inspection the polish seems to have bubbled a little on a few of my nails and the bubbles are causing some mini chips as well.  Overall the polish lasted a decent amount of time before chipping and they lasted me through graduation without chipping, so I am a happy camper.  :)

No comments:

Post a Comment