Sunday, August 19, 2012

August Nail Design: Pinterest


So this entry is a little different than the rest.  I have a Pinterest, and I often spend endless hours looking at nail polish designs.  I have found tons of gorgeous and fun nail designs and I have finally decided to try one!  My plan is to try a new nail design every month, along side of my usual polish posts.

Here is the image I found on Pinterest:

(originally from: http://gosteieagora.com/ )

I thought the design was super cute and the picture gives a pretty good description of how to do the design.  I went through my nail polish collection until I found colors similar to the ones in the Pinterest picture.

Here are the closest colors I had:

(Left to right: Sally Hansen Xtreme Wear in "Celeb City," China Glaze in "For Audrey," and Essie in "Tart Deco.")

The Pinterest design called for gold polish but I didn't have any so I substituted silver.  It took me a whole afternoon and several attempts before I managed to perfect the Pinterest design.

Here's how mine turned out:


I think my nails came out pretty good.  However there were a few things I discovered along the way.  First off I found it easier to sit and do each nail one at a time instead of just going down the line.  But that is just my personal preference.  It was easier for me to focus on doing a single nail completely before moving on.  And secondly I found that you should let your nails sit for several minutes before applying a topcoat.  It is hard to tell from the picture but if you apply the topcoat to quickly you'll smudge the design.  A few of my nails have smudges.  Other than that this Pinterest nail design was really easy to do.  I also found that the three polishes I have picked along with Orly's "Sec'N'Dry" topcoat have held up really well.  I've been wearing this polish for nearly a week and I haven't had any chips!

Thanks for reading my blog!

1 comment:

  1. whoah this weblog is excellent i really like studying your
    articles. Stay up the good work! You recognize, lots of people are hunting around for this info, you could aid them greatly.
    my page :: Nagelmodellage

    ReplyDelete