Thursday, May 9, 2013

OPI "Gargantuan Green Grape"



So this week I decided to rock an OPI nail polish.  It had been a while and I couldn't resist pulling out one of my long time favorites!  During the Spring and Summer I often rock blue and green nail polish and OPI "Gargantuan Green Grape" is no exception to that!  I have had this bottle of nail polish for a while now and I usual wear it on my toes because it matches my favorite pair of flip flops perfectly but this week I decided to try it out on my fingers!

First off OPI's "Gargantuan Green Grape" is this pale neon lime green.  Now I know that sounds like a weird combo but it is true.  It is a lime green that looks pale in the bottle but is very bright like a neon when you put it on!  And unfortunately just like most neons "Gargantuan Green Grape" is very VERY streaky!  I applied two coats and the streaks are hideous and very obvious!  It is a bit disappointing and the formula isn't so stellar but it is a fun bright nail polish!  As for chipping it started almost instantly!  By the end of day two, giant chunks had been chipped away from the tips of my nails.  I was super disappointed by how quickly OPI's "Gargantuan Green Grape" got ruined.

Overall I adore this nail polish on my toes (probably because the streaking is far less noticeable) but OPI's "Gargantuan Green Grape was a huge let down on my fingers.  The color is pretty but it only goes downhill from there.  The formula is awful and the streaking causes extremely uneven coats and looks awful!  And then the nail polish starts to chip after only one day!  I do absolutely love "Gargantuan Green Grape" and its pretty color but I will most definitely only be wearing this nail polish on my toes from now on!

Thanks for reading my blog!  :)

No comments:

Post a Comment