Monday, November 4, 2013

Rimmel London "Purple Reign"


Hi everyone!  So Autumn has come late here in the southeast and our leaves are just now starting to look pretty, but I am glad that it wasn't a bad year for the leaves!  This week I decided to pull out a purple nail polish because I like purple and I hadn't worn a purple polish in a while.  :)  After digging through my collection I pulled out Rimmel London's 60 Seconds in "Purple Reign."

"Purple Reign" is a really nice royal purple color which I thought was very appropriate for Autumn because I typically start wear darker colors.  Formula wise "Purple Reign" was okay.  It went on fairly easily and since Rimmel London has nice wide brushes.  I was very surprised though with how light "Purple Reign" looked on my nails.  It looks so much darker in the bottle.  After two coats of polish there were a few minor streaks and the nail polish wasn't completely opaque, which was a bit disappointing.  As for chipping it started within the first 12 hours.  "Purple Reign" took forever to dry even with a topcoat (Orly "Sec'N'Dry") and my pointer finger got smudged, which can kind of be seen in the picture above.  After day one "Purple Reign" was chipped and smudged beyond repair and I had to remove it.

Overall I am a bit disappointed by Rimmel London's "Purple Reign."  The color is very pretty, though I think it looks better in the bottle than on my nails.  And it was totally a let down that the polish didn't want to dry and then started chipping and smudging.  Then you add in the few streaks and that it wasn't opaque after two coats and it looks like I probably won't wear "Purple Reign" again anytime soon!

Thanks for reading my blog!  :)

No comments:

Post a Comment