Saturday, June 30, 2012

Nicole by OPI "A Million Sparkles"



So this weekend I went up to Asheville, NC on a girl's road trip with two of my best friends from college.  Asheville and the surrounding area is where The Hunger Games movie was filmed.  The three of us had a blast touring District 12 and wandering through some nature trails on the Blue Ridge Parkway where the mountain scenery is gorgeous!  We also visited the Biltmore Estate which is the largest privately owned home in the United States.  The girls and I had a blast and I wanted to wear the perfect fun summer polish for the trip!!  I couldn't think of a better color to paint my nails than a fabulous glitter polish by Nicole by OPI called "A Million Sparkles."  In fact I bought "A Million Sparkles" a month or so ago and saved it for this road trip!

Anyway, I adore this full glitter polish!  It has small glitter pieces and long strands of glitter and just sparkles in blues, golds, and coral.  This color reminds me of the ocean and of mermaids.  It just screams summer to me!  Unfortunately this polish has a clear base color, which makes it very difficult to get full coverage without glopping on thick coats.  I managed to do two thick coats and get decent full coverage, but not as much coverage as I would have liked.  Like always I used a Sally Hansen clear color as a base coat and Orly's "Sec'N'Dry" as a quick drying top coat.  My nails looked fine from a normal distance and it wasn't too obvious that the nail polish wasn't fully covering my nails.  The other downside to using two thick coats what that the nail polish was it flaked off in huge chunks after only a couple days.  And what didn't flake off took me an hour with nail polish remover to take off.  Glitter nail polish has a habit of being hard to take off.


Overall I love this polish!  The color is fantastic but I might stick to using it as a top coat or as an accent nail so that it doesn't take so long to take off when I want to re-paint my nails.

Oh and for fun here are a couple pictures from my visit to District 12:

Me at Peeta's Bakery.

Katniss Everdeen's house.

The inside of Katniss Everdeen's house. (I got this picture through an open window and NOT by entering the building.  The property allows visitors to walk around outside but the buildings are private property.)

Thanks for reading my blog!

No comments:

Post a Comment