Sunday, July 14, 2013

Dupes: Sephora by OPI "Havana Dreams" and L'oreal "Royally Yours"


Hi everyone!  I hope everyone is enjoying their Summer!  It has been raining for days here in North Carolina and you practically need a boat to go places!  So this week I decided to test out two bottles of sky blue nail polish.  I wore Sephora by OPI's "Havana Dreams" earlier this year and I noticed how similar it looked  L'oreal's "Royally Yours."   So I set both bottles out to take a closer look and decided that it was worth swatching them to see if they were dupes.  And I found out that Sephora by OPI's "Havana Dreams" and L'oreal's "Royally Yours" are actually dupes!

It became pretty obvious that "Havana Dreams" and "Royally Yours" were dupes after the first coat of nail polish went on.  The color was identical, the only defining difference after one coat was that Sephora by OPI "Havana Dreams" was streaky.  Here's what the nails looked like after one coat of polish:

 
 
While the color is the same the formula is not.  The Sephora by OPI nail polish had a slightly watery formula that caused a fair amount of streaking and did not cover my nail as well. While the L'oreal nail polish had a fantastic formula that went on very easily and covered very well with no streaking!  Also I liked the wider brush that L'oreal "Royally Yours" had because it made it much easier to apply the nail polish.  I continued painting my nails and here is the finished comparison, which has two coats of each nail polish and a quick drying topcoat (Orly "Sec'N'Dry"):
 
 
 
 
As you can tell from the picture Sephora by OPI "Havana Dreams" and L'oreal "Royally Yours" are perfect dupes.  Truly the only difference is the streaking, which is visible on "Havana Dreams" (see my pointer finger.)
 
Overall I love sky blue and both nail polishes are pretty but since Sephora by OPI "Havana Dreams" has a watery formula, is very streaky and costs $9.50 (US) a bottle I would suggest buying L'oreal "Royally Yours" instead.  "Royally Yours" has a better formula, a wider easier to use brush, does not cause any streaking and only costs $4.99 (US).  Now I will say that the Sephora by OPI nail polish has .5 ounces of nail polish while the L'oreal nail polish only has .39.  But based on quality and price I would still choose L'oreal "Royally Yours."
 
Oh and if you would like to see the post where I reviewed just Sephora by OPI's "Havana Dreams" here's the link: http://perfectlypolished12.blogspot.com/2013/03/sephora-by-opi-havana-dreams.html
 
Thanks for reading my blog!  :)


No comments:

Post a Comment