Monday, September 15, 2014

Glitter Nail Art!



Hi everyone!  So today I decided to try out a very simple nail art.  I love glitter and I decided to try it out as a French tip!  (Fun, sparkly and a little classier than extreme glitter nails!)  I went with real glitter because that seemed a little more fun.

Really all this very simple glitter nail art needs is a colored nail polish, some glitter, a clear nail polish and a bobby pin.  I picked Sephora by OPI's "Iris I Was Thinner" as the polish and I bought some gold glitter from the craft section of Wal-Mart.  Lastly I dampened the bobby pin to pick up glitter and apply it to my nails.  Here are my supplies:


Sephora by OPI's "Iris I Was Thinner" is a gorgeous orchid purple (yay color of the year!)  The formula is fair, but a bit watery.  However after two coats of polish "Iris I Was Thinner" was opaque.  Then I applied a thick coat of Sally Hansen's Xtreme Wear in "Invisible" to my fingers, one at a time, that way the glitter would have something to stick too.  Carefully using the damp bobby pin I slowly put the glitter in a neat line along the tip of my nail until I was satisfied with how each nail looked.  To finish off this super simple nail art I applied a fast drying topcoat.

I enjoyed using some real glitter and I think the colors looked nicely together.  And while it is super simple and easy it was fun to wear!  Also if you wanted a brighter look you could apply glitter further up your nails!

Thanks for reading my blog!  :)

No comments:

Post a Comment