Tuesday, April 2, 2013

China Glaze "Stone Cold"

China Glaze "Stone Cold" with no topcoat. 

China Glaze "Stone Cold" with Orly "Sec'N'Dry" topcoat.

Hi everyone!  (And Happy Belated Easter!)  So I know that in Spring it is typically about pastel colors and flowery colors but after wearing so many in a row I just needed a bit of a change, so I decided this week to wear China Glaze's "Stone Cold."  "Stone Cold" is part of China Glaze's The Hunger Games collection, which came out in Spring 2012 and it is this really pretty shimmery grey/black matte nail polish.

When I originally purchased "Stone Cold" I did not know that is to was going to be a matte polish, so I was pretty surprised the first time I tried wearing it.  However I ended up actually thinking matte nail polish is pretty neat after wearing "Stone Cold."  Right now "Stone Cold" is the only matte nail polish I own, but I definitely want some more!  (Or a matte topcoat!)  So "Stone Cold" is definitely a one coater and covers really well, but I did two coats because I almost aways do two coats.  The top picture shows how China Glaze's "Stone Cold" looks when it is dries without a topcoat.  I think it looks neat, but in order to make sure the nail polish was dry I needed to add a quick drying top coat.  I always use Orly "Sec'N'Dry" as my top coat because it dries in about 15 minutes and then I don't have to worry about smudges!  (Which makes me very happy!)  As much as I love "Stone Cold" as a matte nail polish I also love the effect that a shiny top coat creates!  I don't know if you can tell in the second picture or not but the topcoat really brings out the shimmery gold flecks in the nail polish!  In terms of chipping it started after about a day, and the chunks came off in fairly big chunks.  The chunks started mostly on my tips but quickly moved up my nails until the nail polish started to peel off.  I must admit I was a bit disappointed by how fast he nail polish chipped off, but I really do like the color so I am willing to wear "Stone Cold" anyway.

Overall China Glaze's "Stone Cold" is nice and is fun to play with, since it can be a matte or a shiny nail polish!  Also I am happy that it is a one coater (even though I may never wear it that way) because it makes it faster to put on the nail polish and get on to other things without sitting for as long to get the nail polish dry!  I definitely love this nail polish and wear it a lot during Winter, usually, and really enjoy it, even if it chips very quickly.

Thanks for reading my blog!  :)

No comments:

Post a Comment