Tuesday, October 22, 2013

OPI "The Impossible"



Hi guys!  I hope everyone is enjoying Autumn.  It is still October so therefore I am still rocking shades of pink nail polish for Breast Cancer Awareness Month!  This week I decided to finally try out an OPI Liquid Sand nail polish.  Liquid Sand is a textured nail polish and first debuted as part of the Mariah Carey collection that came out earlier this year.  Now I am NOT a fan of Mariah Carey but I did want to try out Liquid Sand polish so I purchased her mini set, which features Mariah's four Liquid Sand polishes.  Here's what the mini set looks like:


So this week's color is OPI's "The Impossible" (the only pink polish in the picture above!) and is a hot pink textured nail polish that has huge glitter chunks in silver and hot pink in it too!  I was pretty stoked to try out liquid sand nail polish and see how it looks and how well it works!  Formula wise "The Impossible" is very nice.  The formula was slightly watery but when it comes to glitters and possibly Liquid Sands polishes it was much easier to control because the nail polish wasn't as thick.  In terms of chipping the tip chips started after about three days and by the end of day four the chipping had gotten really bad and I had to change out my nail polish.  As for removing Liquid Sand nail polish, it was very similar to other heavy glitter polishes.  It took me about 15 or 20 minutes to remove, which was a bit annoying but not the worst.  The picture at the top features "The Impossible" with a top coat (Orly "Sec'N'Dry") and here is what this nail polish looks like without a topcoat (and as it is meant to be worn):



Overall I am very pleased with OPI's Liquid Sand nail polishes.  "The Impossible" is a very pretty color and looked nice on my nails!  Also I was happy to be able to wear this nail polish for four days.  I also enjoyed that Liquid Sand polishes could be worn with or without a topcoat depending on what kind of look you were going for.

Thanks for reading my blog and happy Breast Cancer Awareness Month!  :)

No comments:

Post a Comment