Sunday, August 10, 2014

Sinful Colors "Starry Night"


Hi everyone!  This week I decided to try out Sinful Colors' "Starry Night."  I originally heard about this nail polish over on Night Swatcher's blog (http://nightswatcher.blogspot.com/) and her pictures were so fantastic that I just had to run out and buy it!  (And I have no regrets!)

"Starry Night" is a black nail polish with loads of micro glitter in blue, red, green, and silver.  Also it has flakies in gold scattered throughout.  Formula wise "Starry Night" was a bit on the thicker side but with a little patience it was fairly easy enough to apply.  After two coats the polish was completely opaque and had no streak marks.  However since the polish was bit thick the tops of my nails didn't always get completely covered.  As for chipping I began to notice chips on day two, but I believe some of that was due because of how thick "Starry Night" was on my nail.  I probably could have gotten away with wearing "Starry Night" longer but I was worried the dark black color would stain my nails.  However I was happily surprised that "Starry Night" did not stain my nails at all!  Unfortunately like most glitter polishes it was not the easiest to remove and took a good twenty minutes to get it all off!

Overall I like Sinful Colors' "Starry Night" because the color is gorgeous and I am a fan of any dark colored nail polish that doesn't stain my nails!  However the polish was a bit thick which made for thick layers and lead to chipping after only two days.  I will wear this polish again and maybe with a little practice I can get thinner coats of polish.

Thanks for reading my blog!  :)

No comments:

Post a Comment