Thursday, August 7, 2014

OPI "Fresh Frog of Bel-Air"


Hi guys!  Summer has been so fun that I just couldn't resist wearing a glitter polish this week!  I dug through my collection and pulled out OPI's "Fresh Frog of Bel-Air" which is of course is meant to look like Kermit the Frog and the name is a shout out to The Fresh Prince of Bel-Air (the early 90s show staring Will Smith.)

I originally purchased this polish because I love Kermit the Frog and this OPI polish has the most gorgeous green glitter with a few larger silver pieces.  Formula wise "Fresh Frog of Bel-Air" is pretty good and I was able to apply the polish to my nail in nice brush strokes.  Of course like many glitter polishes it will never be opaque on its own.  (The picture above shows how "Fresh Frog of Bel-Air" after two coats and with only a clear base coat.)

Then I decided to try out several different colored base coats to see how it would look.  I picked out a white nail polish and two different green shades of polish.  The first base coat I tested out was the white, which is Sally Hansen's Xtreme Wear in "White On" (which I have used many times before as a base.)  I applied two coats of "White On" and one coat of "Fresh Frog of Bel-Air" and here is how it turned out:


Next I decided to try out a pale pistachio green nail polish so I pulled out Sinful Color's "Just A Pinch."  I selected a pale green to accentuate the darker green glitter in "Fresh Frog of Bel-Air."  I used two coats of "Just A Pinch" and one coat of :Fresh Frog of Bel-Air" and here's how it turned out:


(If you want to know more about Sinful Color's "Just A Pinch" here is a post I did last month: http://perfectlypolished12.blogspot.com/2014/07/sinful-colors-just-pinch.html)

Lastly I tried out a slightly darker grass green polish and I selected Julep's "Leah."  I picked out "Leah" because the grass green polish has a light shimmer and I wanted to see what extra shimmer would do to OPI's "Fresh Frog of Bel-Air."  I applied two coats of "Leah" and one coat of "Fresh Frog of Bel-Air" and here's how it turned out:


Overall I am pleased with OPI's "Fresh Frog of Bel-Air" because it very pretty, has a nice formula, and looks lovely as a topcoat!  My favorite of the three base coats is definitely Julep's "Leah" because it looks very sparkly but not too overwhelming.  Also I just realized how perfect any of these would be for St. Patrick's Day!

Thanks for reading my blog!  :)

No comments:

Post a Comment