Thursday, January 23, 2014

New York Color "Lexington Lilac"



Hi everyone!  So I know Spring is a long way off  (especially since it snowed this week!) but I couldn't resist trying out New York Color's "Lexington Lilac" polish, which is of course a super pretty dusty lilac purple color.  And I figure since it isn't a true pastel, I can get away with wearing it in the middle of January!

New York Color polishes cost 93 cents (USD) at the local Wal-Mart and for that price I can't resist buying them!  Formula wise "Lexington Lilac" is good.  It went on easily and was nearly completely opaque after two coats, though there was some very minor streaks.  However "Lexington Lilac" did not want to dry quickly, even with a topcoat and as a result I had a lot of smudges and nicks before I could even snap pictures!  And while that was disappointing the chipping only added to it when I started to see chips on day two I wasn't surprised.

Overall New York Color's "Lexington Lilac" is a very pretty color and a nice formula but the smudging and chipping was a bit disappointing.  But for 93 cents a bottle I can only expect so much and I am willing to give "Lexington Lilac" another try!

And for fun here's some Southern snow:  (And yes it did shut down practically everything for two days!)


Thanks for reading my blog!  :)

No comments:

Post a Comment