Wednesday, January 15, 2014

OPI "Mrs. O'Leary's BBQ"

 

Hi all!  I can hardly believe that January is halfway over!  I am starting to look forward to Spring!  However we still have a bit more Winter left.  So this week I decided to try out a classic OPI nail polish that I have heard lots of great things about over the years and that polish is OPI's "Mrs. O'Leary's BBQ."

OPI's "Mrs. O'Leary's BBQ" is a gorgeous deep red/burgundy color and could be considered an oxblood color.  Formula wise "Mrs. O'Leary's BBQ" was fair, but a bit toward the watery side.  I had some difficulty controlling the nail polish from running all over.  And after two coats my nails had some noticeable streaking and was not completely opaque.  As for chipping it started on the second day, which was disappointing.  I usually expect an OPI nail polish to last a few days and when it doesn't it makes me sad.  In terms of removing "Mrs. O'Leary's BBQ" it came off easily and didn't stain my nails, so that was a plus.

Overall while I was thrilled to try this very popular OPI nail polish I guess I let my excitement build up my expectations because I was definitely disappointed with "Mrs. O'Leary's BBQ."  The formula was a bit watery, the polish had streaks and was not opaque on my nails, and it chipped very quickly.  The color is nice though and great for fall so I might wear this nail polish again, but not very often.

Thanks for reading my blog!  :)

No comments:

Post a Comment