Friday, January 3, 2014

Deborah Lippmann "Cleopatra in New York"


Happy New Year everyone!  I hope you all are enjoying 2014 so far!  To start off the new year I wanted to try a festive nail polish.  So I dug through my collection and came up with Deborah Lippmann's "Cleopatra in New York" which is a gorgeous black nail polish with huge gold glitter chunks in various sizes.

I tend to avoid black nail polishes in favor of brighter polishes but I could not resist the gorgeousness of "Cleopatra in New York"!  Formula wise it is very unique and for the most part it works for this nail polish.  The black base is a jelly, so it is meant to be a little see-through, but then you get the gorgeous multi-layered glitter effect.  However the glitter was a bit difficult to handle, but with a little practice he glitter went on fine.  I usually wear two coats of color, but for "Cleopatra in New York" it wasn't opaque after two coats so I decided to do a third.  I think the third coat was a good idea and made my nails look better!  As for chipping I was surprised how well this polish lasted, considering that most chunky glitters fall off pretty quickly.  Deborah Lippmann's "Cleopatra in New York" lasted about four or five days before it started to chip and fall off in big chunks, which was very impressive!  Unfortunately removing "Cleopatra in New York" was awful!  Most chunky glitter polishes are a bit difficult to remove and not surprisingly "Cleopatra in New York" took me an hour to get it all off!

Overall Deborah Lippmann's "Cleopatra in New York" is a great nail polish!  The color is so unique and fantastic!  I don't have another polish in my collection anywhere close to "Cleopatra in New York'!  The formula is good and even though it needed three coats to be opaque the way it looks is well worth that extra coat and it lasted four to five days before chipping at all which is very impressive for a chunky glitter!  Literally the only downsides of this nail polish is that Deborah Lippmann charges $18 a bottle and it took me an hour to remove this nail polish!  Despite the difficult removal I am definitely willing to wear Deborah Lippmann's "Cleopatra in New York" over and over again!

Thanks for reading my blog!  :)  And Happy 2014!

No comments:

Post a Comment