Monday, March 17, 2014

Hard Candy "Jubilee"



Hi everyone!  And Happy St. Patrick's Day!  So today is St. Patrick's Day and that means green nail polish!  This year I found a fun green nail polish by Hard Candy called "Jubilee."  Hard Candy is a drug store brand which I buy at my local Wal-Mart and their nail polish is fairly inexpensive at about $4 (USD) a bottle.

"Jubilee" is a jelly polish with multiple kinds of glitter in it.  The base color is green and it has small glitter pieces which are dark green, big glitter pieces which are gold, and bar glitter which is copper colored.  Now this isn't a nail polish color I would wear every day but it just seemed perfect for St. Patrick's Day because it is green and the gold glitter reminds me of a pot of gold!  Formula wise "Jubilee" is pretty good.  I used three coats of polish for the picture above and while it isn't completely opaque it is fairly close.  Also I believe you could use a creme polish as a base coat and then apply "Jubilee" on top and create a nice look.  As for the glitter I read several blogs complaining about how the copper colored bar glitter was curly and didn't want to lie flat but I didn't experience that at all, but I did apply a very thick amount of a quick drying top coat.  (I use Orly "Sec'N'Dry.")  As for chipping I haven't seen any so far but I only plan on wearing this polish through the end of the day.  Basically I think "Jubilee" is great for St. Patrick's Day but it is not necessarily a polish I would wear regularly throughout the year!  In terms of removing Hard Candy's "Jubilee" I was surprised how well it came off, though some of the tiny glitter pieces wanted to stick to my skin.  Also I was pleased that "Jubilee" did not stain my nails!

Overall Hard Candy's "Jubilee" is a pretty nice polish.  The formula was good and I am happy that all the bar glitter pieces laid flat on my nail.  Also it was very easy to remove which is awesome for a super glittery nail polish!  While "Jubilee" isn't necessarily a polish I would wear on a regular day it is perfect for St. Patrick's Day and it could probably work well for Christmas too!  I will definitely be wearing "Jubilee" again!

Thanks for reading my blog!  And Happy St. Patrick's Day!  :)

No comments:

Post a Comment