Sunday, March 23, 2014

Wet n Wild Fergie "XoXo"


Hi guys!  I hope everyone has been enjoying their weekend!  (We might finally be seeing the end of winter and I am so excited!)  So this week I decided to try out a major glitter nail polish!  I picked out Wet n Wild's "XoXo" which is part of the Fergie collection.  I picked up "XoXo" at Wal-Mart, but it appears it is available at a few drugstores and online at Amazon.

“XoXo” is a glitter nail polish made up of small round micro-glitter in a clear base.  The glitter is a mix of dark purple and sky blue.  Now “XoXo” probably isn’t meant to be worn on its own, but I decided to try it out anyway.  (The picture above shows how it turned out.)  I used two coats of polish and while it clearly isn’t opaque it does look kind of fun!  The formula of “XoXo” is pretty good for a glitter, I was able to make nice smooth passes over the nail and the glitter spread evenly.


Since I think “XoXo” would make an awesome accent I decided to try it out on top of a crème polish.  I looked through my collection and settled on a solid black nail polish which really shows off the glitter.  The black polish is Sally Hansen Hard As Nails in “Black Heart.”  I applied a clear base coat (I used Sally Hansen Xtreme Wear in “Invisible”), then one coat of “Black Heart,” followed by one coat of “XoXo” and finally topped off with a quick drying top coat (I used Orly’s “Sec’N’Dry”).  I think it turned out really nicely!  I was able to wear this combo for a couple of days before it began to chip.  Also the pictures above don't do justice to how gorgeous the glitter on "XoXo" shimmers so here is a better picture of the prettiness:  (Look at all that glitter shining in the light!)


Overall I really like Wet n Wild’s “XoXo.”  It is a fun but not too wild glitter nail polish that looks great as an accent over a crème polish.  I definitely plan on trying out “XoXo” with other crème nail polishes in the future!

Thanks for reading my blog!  :)

No comments:

Post a Comment