Sunday, July 20, 2014

Dupes: Nuance's "Orange Poppy" and Essie's "Clambake"


Hi guys!  This year just seems to be flying by and I can hardly believe we are over half way through 2014!  Earlier this year I purchased two nail polishes, at separate times, and when I set them down next to each other they look almost identical in the bottles, so I decided to see if they were dupes or not!  The two polishes are Nuance's "Orange Poppy" (this is Salma Hayek's brand of nail polish) and Essie's "Clambake."  Here's how they looked side by side in the bottle:

Essie's "Clambake" and Nuance's "Orange Poppy"

Both "Orange Poppy" and "Clambake" are super bright, red-orange, jelly nail polishes that look gorgeous on my nails!  Nuance's "Orange Poppy" has a great formula and was very easy to apply because it has a nice wide brush.  Essie's "Clambake" also has a great formula, but Essie has small brushes so sometimes it makes it a tiny bit harder to apply.  Both "Orange Poppy" and "Clambake" were completely opaque in two coats and left no streak marks!  As it turns out they are dupes, or duplicates, of each other.  I had a hard time telling them apart even after only one coat!

Overall Nuance's "Orange Poppy" and Essie's "Clambake" are dupes in every way!  They have a near identical formula, both are easy to apply, both only required two coats of nail polish to be opaque and streak free and both were easy to remove.  Truly the only difference is the price!  Nuance retails for $5.99 (USD) a bottle and Essie retails for $8.50 (USD) a bottle.  Usually I would tell you which one I preferred more but the truth is I love both of these polishes equally!  My advice: get one, whichever one you can find or can get the best deal on!

Side note:  I tested out Nuance's "Orange Poppy" on its own so here is the post if you want more information about it:  http://perfectlypolished12.blogspot.com/2014/05/nuance-orange-poppy.html

Thanks for reading my blog!  :)

No comments:

Post a Comment