Tuesday, December 23, 2014

Christmas 2014 Nail Art!


Hi everyone and Merry Christmas!  (Well almost!)  Today I decided to do a fun and simple Christmas themed nail art!  I settled on the Christmas Tree as the theme because I love decorating the tree every year!  Here are the bottles of polish I used to do this nail art:

Ciaté's "Apple Custard", Sally Hansen Hard As Nail's "Black Heart", Sinful Color's "Ruby Refined", Sally Hansen Xtreme Wear in "Mellow Yellow", and Sally Hansen Sugar Shimmer's "Work of Tart."

I decided to start with green nails since Christmas trees are green,  The green I decided to use is Ciaté's "Apple Custard" because it is a dusty green.

For two of my nails I decided to leave them green but give them a little texture so I used a dotting tool to spread Sally Hansen Sugar Shimmer in "Work of Tart" on the pointer and pinky fingers.  It is uneven and I think adds some fun little depth to my nails.

As with all Christmas trees you hang glass balls, so I used Sinful Color's "Ruby Refined" and a dotting tool to put an ornament on my thumb and ring finger.  Then I used a small dotting tool to add black hooks on the glass ball ornaments, this is where I used Sally Hansen Hard As Nails in "Black Heart."

The last thing I did was add a yellow star to my middle finger, because the top of my Chirstmas tree always has a star on it!  I used the small dotting tool to draw a star and fill it in using Sally Hansen Xtreme Wear's "Mellow Yellow."

After all the nails were completed I topped them off with Orly's "Sec'N'Dry" which is a quick drying topcoat.  That was your nail art doesn't smudge!

Here are the dotting tools I used:


I purchased the dotting tools on Amazon and there were very affordable.  I mainly used the green one for this nail art because it has a large tip for the bigger designs and a very small tip for the more detailed parts of the nail art.

If you want more information on some of these nail polishes check out these posts:

Ciaté's "Apple Custard":
http://perfectlypolished12.blogspot.com/2014/11/ciate-apple-custard.html 

Sally Hansen Xtreme Wear's "Mellow Yellow": http://perfectlypolished12.blogspot.com/2014/07/sally-hansen-xtreme-wear-mellow-yellow.html

I hope everyone has a great Christmas and that you get everything you asked for!  Thanks for reading my blog!  :)

No comments:

Post a Comment