Saturday, October 24, 2015

Essie "Pinking About You"


Hi everyone!  It is still October, so that means it is time for another pink nail polish to celebrate Breast Cancer Awareness Month!  Today's nail polish is Essie's "Pinking Of You."

"Pinking Of You" is part of a mini set I purchased last Autumn.  The set is actually the 2014 Breast Cancer collection that Essie does every October and looks like this:


"Pinking Of You" is a light pink and white glitter in a clear base.  Formula wise "Pinking Of You" is amazingly fantastic and it was super easy to apply!  (Which is not easy to find in a glitter polish!)  Of course "Pinking Of You" will never be completely opaque because it isn't meant to be, instead it is meant to be a top coat over a colored base.  So I decided to test it out over a few polishes.


The first polish I decided to try with "Pinking Of You" is Essence's "Girl's Night Out" which is a hot pink with shimmer in it.  I loved this combination it was happy and girly and would be perfect for Valentine's Day!

If you want to know more about Essence's "Girl's Night Out" check out my post from earlier this month:  http://perfectlypolished12.blogspot.com/2015/10/essence-girls-night-out.html


The second polish I decided to try with "Pinking Of You" is Formula X for Sephora's "Determined" which is a chocolate brown polish with a hint of shimmer.  I chose this combination because pink and brown always look good together!

Overall I am very pleased with Essie's "Pinking Of You."  Everything about this polish is fantastic and I plan on wearing it again and also trying it out over other color polishes!

Thanks for reading my blog!  :)

No comments:

Post a Comment