Tuesday, June 10, 2014

Sephora Formula X "Pyrotechnic"


Hi guys!  So this week I decided to try out Formula X for Sephora in "Pyrotechnic" which is a super bright red nail polish.  Now I got this nail polish for free at Sephora several months ago.  At Sephora if you become a Beauty Insider (which is their rewards system and it is free!) you start collecting points when you buy items and you can trade the points in for items.  So I got this nail polish for 100 points, which I think it a pretty nice gift.

"Pyrotechnic" is a very bright red nail polish and while red polishes can be tricky I just love how red nails look!  The formula of "Pyrotechnic" is fantastic!  It applied very easily and in nice even coats.  After only one coat the polish was nearly opaque, though I always apply two coats.  So after two coats of polish "Pyrotechnic" was completely opaque and had absolutely no streak marks!  As for chipping it took four days before I saw any chips, and the chips were small and mostly on the tips of my nails.  Red nail polish tends to show chips very easily but "Pyrotechnic" was not that way, which is fantastic!  I was a bit worried about removing such a red nail polish but was pleasantly surprised when it came off easily and only left a few red stains on my nails.  The stains were very minor and with a little patience I was able to get most of it off, or at least less noticeable.

Side note:  While my bottle is a miniature, "Pyrotechnic" is available in the full size bottle at Sephora for $10.50 (USD).

Overall I am pleased with Formula X for Sephora's "Pyrotechnic."  The color is pretty, the formula is great, as is the brush and application and most of all I enjoyed being able to wear "Pyrotechnic" for four days before I saw any chips!  This nail polish has no negatives for me and I definitely plan on wearing it over and over again!

Thanks for reading my blog!

No comments:

Post a Comment