Sunday, March 8, 2015

OPI "Windy City Pretty"


Hi everyone!  So a while back my two best friends and I went for manis and pedis as a fun "we all live in the same city again" treat.  (We haven't all lived in the same place since 2011 so it is great to all be back together again!)  Of course I couldn't pass up the opportunity to try out a polish that I don't own!  I picked out OPI's "Windy City Pretty" from the Chicago Collection.

"Windy City Pretty" is a very pretty dusty purple/pink polish with just a hint of gold shimmer.  Formula wise it is hard to tell because I wasn't the one who painted it, however I did notice that this polish was definitely not opaque until the second coat.  But despite the shimmer there are no visible streak marks which is always nice.  As for chipping I was able to wear "Windy City Pretty" for about four or five days before the chipping became too noticeable, but the polish did start to rub off the ends of my nails after only about two days.

Overall I quite like OPI's "Windy City Pretty" the color is very pretty and perfect for Autumn thru Spring!  I believe that I could have worn this polish for  while longer if I had done them myself.  I wasn't so pleased with how the salon filed the ends of my nails, which I believe is what caused the polish to rub off.

Side note:  Because I went to an actual nail salon to have my nails done they used a different base and topcoat then I do.  I'm not sure exactly which ones they used other than the brand was OPI.

Thanks for reading my blog!  :)

No comments:

Post a Comment