Saturday, January 12, 2019

Dual Color Sponge and Stamp


Hello all ad happy Saturday!  I'm currently in Florida so here's a some nail art with an ocean-y vibe.  Today's nail art is a two color design that is sponged on the nails and then a design stamped on.  First I needed to pick out colors to use:

Maniology's "Rocko Wear" and "Clarissa Blue."

Next I  applied a coat of Live Love Polish's "Precision Peel" to protect my cuticles and skin (but forgot to photograph it.)  Then, using a sponge, I applied Bundle Monster Color's "Clarissa Blue" and "Rocko Wear" so my nails looked like this:


After that I selected my stamping plate, which is Maniology's (formerly Bundle Monster) plate BM-XL456 which looks like this:


Next I re-applied the cuticle protector and used both nail polishes to cover the design blending the two colors together to create the fade.  After stamping and clean up my design looked like this:


And here's a gorgeous up close shot:


Overall I like how this design turned out, though I cam clearly no expert at sponging or stamping yet. But this design will help me pass the time thinking about the ocean until Summer rolls back around!

Be sure to follow the blog on Instagram and Twitter @PerfPolished12 to keep up with all things nail polish and fun!

No comments:

Post a Comment