Friday, January 4, 2019

29th Birthday Nails!


Hello everyone!  2019 has started off with a bang and now it is time for me to celebrate turning 29.  (Still not sure how I ended up being nearly 30 already!!)  So to celebrate I decided to do some birthday nail art!  Here are the nail polishes I selected:

Sally Hansen Insta-Dri's "Heather Hustle", Color Club's "Zodiac Attack", A England's "The Most Happy", Live Love Polish's "LBD", Sally Hansen Insta-Dri's "Peppy Le Fuchsia", OPI's "Tile Art To Warm The Heart", Color Club's "Tic-Tac-Toe" and OPI's "Exotic Birds Do Not Tweet".

To start off the nail art I needed paint my nails with a base color.  I used Sally Hansen Insta-Dri's "Heather Hustle" a lovely pastel purple.  It looked like this:


Next I added the glitter!  So I pulled out Color Club's "Zodiac Attack" a chunky purple and silver glitter which was best applied using the sponge technique.  Look how lovely it looked after one coat of glitter:


The I needed to add on the 2 and 9 using A England's "The Most Happy" a gorgeous deep purple polish with shimmer.  I used Maniology's (previously Bundle Monster) brushes to draw the design on.  After the purple numbers I added a black edging to the numbers.  I selected Live Love Polish's "LBD" to do it.  Here's how it looked:


Lastly I added some adorable candles on the other nails.  For the candles I used OPI's "Tile Art To Warm The Heart," Sally Hansen Insta-Dri's "Peppy Le Fuchsia" and Color Club's "Tic-Tac-Toe."  The flame for the candles was created with OPI's "Exotic Birds Do Not Tweet."  The candles turned out nicely:


If you want to know more about OPI's "Tile Art To Warm Your Heart"Sally Hansen Insta-Dri's "Peppy Le Fuchsia" or Color Club's "Tic-Tac-Toe" check out some of my previous posts.

Overall I am really happy with this year's birthday nails - though I am less happy to be in the last year of my 20s.  How the heck did I get this old?!?

Make sure you follow the blog on Instagram and Twitter @PerfPolished12 to keep up with my nail polishing adventures!

No comments:

Post a Comment