Saturday, February 2, 2019

Blog: Behind The Scenes


Hi all and happy Saturday!  (February arrived so quickly!)  I realized now that I have updated the blog some in the last few months and thought that it might be fun to do another behind the scenes post.  I did one a few years back but since then a lot has changed!

First I finally got a light box (which I started using for posts in 2019).  I ordered the light box off of Amazon for less than $25.  It looks like this:


Aside from the light box I also ordered a macro lens from Amazon to help capture all the glitter and shimmer!  It is just a basic lens but so far it has worked really well!  This macro lense snaps on to my iPhone 6 (and now iPhone 8).  The lens looks like this:


Another major change is how I store my nail polishes.  I used to use Rubbermaid bins but they weren't sturdy enough and took up a lot of space.  About a year and a half ago I made the three hour drive (each way) to the closest IKEA and got a 9 drawer Alex.  It looks great in my room and hold all 700 bottles with plenty of room to spare.


Inside the Alex I have the nail polish sorted by color.  The drawers are as such:
  • Supplies, Top coats, Base coats, stamping plates
  • Reds and Oranges
  • Pinks
  • Greens and Yellows
  • Blues
  • Purples
  • Blacks, Silvers and Nudes
  • Browns and Glitters
  • Mini sets
To keep track of all my nail polish I use a spreadsheet that is organized alphabetically by brand and then alphabetically by polish name within the brand.  The same spreadsheet also has a tab for what and when I post on Instagram.  I find this the most effective way for me to keep track of when I post and what I post as well as the views I am getting.


I also did a few updates on the blog - including adding a signature to the bottom of each post and adding additional photos to give you even more information on the polishes.

Overall I am quite pleased with all the updates and changes.  I have a few more changes to come as 2019 progresses but never fear it is still just the same old me swatch nail polish and attempting nail art!

Be sure to follow along on Instagram and Twitter @PerfPolished12 to keep up with all the fun adventures!

No comments:

Post a Comment