Tuesday, April 22, 2014

China Glaze "Sand Dolla Make You Holla"


Hi guys!  I hope everyone had a good Easter and enjoyed the long weekend!  This week I decided to try out China Glaze's "Sand Dolla Make You Holla" which is an interesting polish made up of a creamy white base and is full of multi colored glitter.  "Sand Dolla Make You Holla" is part of China Glaze's Spring 2014 Sea Goddess Collection.  I originally purchased this polish because of its name, which I am pretty sure is a spin off of a Honey Boo Boo saying.  (For those of you who live outside the US this is an American TV show about a Southern redneck family.)

"Sand Dolla Make You Holla" is a very unique nail polish and unlike any other in my collection.  The base is a creamy milky white color that is part crème and part jelly.  The glitter in "Sand Dolla Make You Holla" is very small and round and features red, dark blue, silver, pink and gold glitter pieces.  Formula wise this polish was a bit disappointing and it was difficult to apply.  "Sand Dolla Make You Holla" was fairly thick and the glitter made it even harder to apply, and also the polish clumped on to the brush.  After two coats the polish was still see-through and you could tell the coats were very uneven.  As for chipping "Sand Dolla Make You Holla" only made it a day and a half before I couldn't handle how horrible it looked and removed the polish.  (And this wasn't because of chipping but because of how see-through and streaky it looked!)

Overall I am very disappointed with China Glaze's "Sand Dolla Make You Holla."  Just about the only thing I liked about this polish was its name, because the formula was terrible, it was hard to apply, it wasn't opaque after two coats, had a lot of streak marks, and generally just didn't look good on my nails.  I'm not sure if I will wear this nail polish again, but maybe with practice it will become easier to apply.

Thanks for reading my blog!  :)

No comments:

Post a Comment