Sunday, April 13, 2014

April Nail Art Post: Pinterest


Hi guys!  So this weekend I thought it would be fun to do a little nail art!  I decided to pick out an idea from Pinterest (You can check out my boards here: http://www.pinterest.com/londonlover27/).  Here is the original pin that sparked my nail art attempt:

 (The watermark on the pin says "Piouh" but I was unable to find its original origin.)
Now obviously my nails don't look anywhere close to the Pinterest pin but I did give it a go, and I actually like how my nails turned out!  The original pin reminds me of the night sky and the glitter looks like stars in the distance.  So the first thing I did after looking at this pin was to pick out some similar colors.  Here are the colors I picked out:
(From left to right: Sephora by OPI's "My Personal Serpent", OPI's "Your Palapa Or Mine?", and China Glaze's "Grass Is Lime Greener."
So to do this nail art I started with Sephora by OPI's "My Personal Serpent" at the nail bed of my nail and made small uneven little strokes to cover about one third of my nail.  I did this on all of my nails and then switched to OPI's "Your Palapa Or Mine?"  I repeated the same process as before only cover the middle third of my nail and trying to blend the two colors together where they met.  Then I repeated this same step again using China Glaze's "Grass Is Lime Greener" on the bottom third of my nails.  To finish off my nails I applied a nice coat of China Glaze's "Fairy Dust" (the bottle can be seen in the top picture) which is a major silver glitter in a clear base.  My nails turned out less like the night sky and instead reminded me of mountains fading off into the distance.  Here's a wonderful picture of the Appalachian Mountains of North Carolina that I took back in 2012 to show you the fading effect I am talking about:
(Photo courtesy of moi!)

I think by using small uneven brush strokes my nails look like little mountains fading out.  I love the look and definitely plan on trying it out again.  In the mean time I would love to master the smooth transition that Piouh did in the Pinterest picture.  (How do you do that!?!)
Anyways I hope you all enjoyed my simple nail art attempt!  Thanks for reading my blog!  :)

No comments:

Post a Comment