Monday, November 14, 2016

November Nail Art: Splatter Paint Nails!


Hi everyone!  November is flying by and Thanksgiving looms in the near future and then before we know it Christmas will be here!  So to slow time down today I decided to try out splatter paint nail art!  Splatter paint nails have been around for a while but this was my first time trying it and I settled on a Summery color theme (since Winter is in full swing and I'd like to see the sunshine soon!)  Here are the colors I picked out:

China Glaze's "At Vase Value," Orly Color Blast's "In Summer," and Nicole by OPI's "Lay It On The Lime."

The Three colors I used for this nail art are: China Glaze's "At Vase Value," Orly Color Blast's "In Summer," and Nicole by OPI's "Lay It On The Lime."  I used China Glaze's "At Vase Value" for the base polish and then I used a straw to splatter the other two polishes on top.  My work space looked like this:


After letting China Glaze's "At Vase Value" dried I took a straw and brushed the edge with nail polish off the brush and then blew air through the straw to create the fun splatter effect.  The first color I splattered was Orly Color Blast's "In Summer" and my nails looked like this:


After letting my nails dry a little I used a second straw to splatter on Nicole by OPI's "Lay It On The Lime."  After letting the splatter paint dry for a bit I applied a quick drying top coat and then proceeded to touch up my nails by removing the excess polish.

Overall I am quite pleased with how my splatter paint nail art turned out!  The colors looked great together and I received lots of compliments about my nails.  I am definitely going to try out splatter paint nail art again soon!

If you want to know more about any of these polishes follow the link on over to their posts from earlier this year: China Glaze "At Vase Value"Nicole by OPI "Lay It On The Lime", and Orly Color Blast "In Summer".

Thanks for reading my blog!  :)

No comments:

Post a Comment