Monday, April 3, 2017

OPI "Black Shatter"


Hi everyone!  We have survived another Monday, and it was brutal.  But the day isn't over yet as the NCAA basketball tournament finals are on right now.  (Go Tarheels!)  Today's nail polish is a fun top coat by OPI called "Black Shatter."

"Black Shatter" is unique because you apply it like regular nail polish but then a cracked pattern shows up allowing it to be layered on top of a colored polish.  Formula wise "Black Shatter" was easy to apply and goes on in only one coat.  Seeing as it is a top coat I decided to test it out over some other polishes.


The first polish I decided to try with "Black Shatter" was butter LONDON's "Violet's Revenge" which is a purple colored polish.  This combination was fun though "Black Shatter" acted up and did not work as well on two of my fingers.


The second polish I decided to try with "Black Shatter" was Sally Hansen Xtreme Wear's "Mauve Over."  This combination was nice and not too bright.  I would wear this combination again!


The third polish I decided to test out with "Black Shatter" was China Glaze's "Let's Chalk About It," which is a lovely baby pink.  This combination turned out really nicely and created a great contrast. This was by far my favorite combination.


The final polish I decided to try out with "Black Shatter" was Essie's "Clambake."  This combination would be perfect for Halloween!

Overall I am very pleased with OPI's "Black Shatter."  This fun polish created neat looks without too much effort and went with every colored polish I tried.  I will definitely continue to try out "Black Shatter" over other polishes in my collection.

If you want to know more about butterLONDON's "Violet's Revenge"Sally Hansen Xtreme Wear's "Mauve Over",  China Glaze's "Let's Chalk About It" or Essie's "Clambake" check out my posts from earlier this year!

Be sure to follow the blog on Instagram and Twitter @PerfPolished12 to keep up with all the nail polish-y fun!

Thanks for reading my blog!  :)

No comments:

Post a Comment