Saturday, July 21, 2018

OPI "Don't Violet Me Down"


Hey all and happy Saturday!  It is kind of dreary outside today so I picked out a bright purple to brighten up my day!  (Here's hoping the sun comes out later!)  Today's nail polish is OPI's "Don't Violet Me Down."

"Don't Violet Me Down" is a deep violet jelly polish.  The formula of this polish was pretty good and applied easily.  Since this polish is a jelly it can be built up to have more of less color as desired.  So I decided to see how the polish looked as more coats were added.  Here's how one coat looked:


As you can see it was sheer and didn't look so fantastic on my nails.  So I added a second coat which looked like this:


The second helped make it less sheer but it still wasn't opaque, which meant it was time for a third coat:


After the third coat of "Don't Violet Me Down" you could definitely see the purple color better but it was still not opaque.  I like the look of the three coats because it is sheer and light but also still a nice pop of color.

Overall I quite like OPI's "Don't Violet Me Down."  I don't have many jelly polishes in my collection so I really do love this purple one and I can't wait to try mixing and matching it with glitters and other colored polishes to see what looks can be created.

Be sure to follow the blog on Instagram and Twitter too @PerfPolished12.

Thanks for reading my blog!  :)

No comments:

Post a Comment