Tuesday, May 6, 2014

OPI "The Living Daylights"

 

Hi everyone!  I realized it has been a while since I tried out a super chunky glitter and I decided it was time to remedy that.  So this week I decided to pull out OPI's "The Living Daylights" which is full of silver, copper, and blue glitter.  This nail polish was part of the Winter 2012 Skyfall Collection, that went along with the James Bond movie Skyfall.  And since this was a limited edition OPI collection I am not sure if "The Living Daylights" is still available in stores.

Like I said above OPI's "The Living Daylights" is a major chunky glitter that is full of six-sided, or hexagonal, glitter chunks in a clear base.  Now I love chunky glitter and it can look nice if done properly but I struggle to get it to look nice.  "The Living Daylights" was particularly difficult to handle because the clear base was on the watery side and the glitter would just move all over the nail before it finally dried.  This left me with weird thick spots of polish on my nail.  And of course with a clear base "The Living Daylights" is not meant to be worn on its own but rather on top of a colored nail polish.  So I selected China Glaze's "Harvest Moon" as a base color and applied one coat of OPI's "The Living Daylights" and here's how it turned out:


I like the combo of "Harvest Moon" and "The Living Daylights."  I did have a hard time trying to get glitter over my entire nail, and as you can see my pointer finger got a lot of glitter while my ring finger got almost none.  Now I can't tell you how long this combination would have lasted because work does not mind small glitter, but prefers that I don't wear huge chunky glitter.  However I would guess that because of the uneven way OPI's "The Living Daylights" dried that it would not take long to chip.

Side note: I've already reviewed China Glaze's "Harvest Moon" so be sure to check it out here: http://perfectlypolished12.blogspot.com/2012/05/china-glaze-harvest-moon.html

Overall I like OPI's "The Living Daylights" because the color is pretty, but I certainly wish the clear base was not as watery.  I will wear this color again but not very often because I usually go for a less out there glitter.

Also please forgive how bright these photos are, the glitter shined so much that I was unable to get better pictures.

Thanks for reading my blog!  :)

No comments:

Post a Comment