Thursday, May 21, 2015

Deborah Lippmann "Luftballons"


Hi all!  Today's nail polish is Deborah Lippmann's "Luftballons."  I received "Luftballons" as a mini-bottle from Sephora through their V.I.B. Insider reward program.  (V.I.B. stands for Very Important Beauty Insider.)  The V.I.B. program is great because you earn points for buying items at Sephora and then you can use the points to get free sample sized items.

"Luftballons" is a very unique and pretty nail polish.  It features a red jelly base with rainbow colored glitter in various sizes all mixed together.  Formula wise "Luftballons" was very easy to apply and it was no work at all to spread the glitter out in an even coat.  After two coats the nail polish was not opaque but a jelly polish never is.  However after two coats of polish "Luftballons" looked pretty on my nails.  As for chipping "Luftballons" lasted about three days before the nail polish began to flake off.  The polish seemed to flake easily because even with a top coat the glitter caught on just about anything with fabric on it.  In terms of removing "Luftballons" I was surprised how quick and easy it was because glitter has a knack for sticking.

Overall Deborah Lippmann's "Luftballons" is a fun nail polish!  I love how unique the color and glitter is and I don't have anything similar to it in my entire collection!  It is also nice that "Luftballons" has a good formula, was easy to apply, look nice after two coats of polish, lasted a decent amount of time before chipping, and was easy to remove!  I will definitely be wearing this nail polish again and again!

Thanks for reading my blog!  :)

No comments:

Post a Comment