Thursday, May 7, 2015

Harry Potter Nail Art!


Hi everyone!  So last October I had the fortune of going to Universal Studios Florida in Orlando, which is where the Harry Potter theme park is at, and I could not resist doing some nail art for the occasion!  (Please forgive my blurry photo but the hotel had horrible lighting!)  The author of the Harry Potter books, J.K. Rowling, has an interactive website called Pottermore and as part of the interactive fun on the site you can take a test and be sorted into one of the houses.  There are four houses and each house has a color that makes it easy to figure out which house a person is in.  Now I took the test and got sorted into Slytherin, which anybody that has read the books and/or seen the movies know is the house where just about every bad guy in the series comes from.  But I'm not upset because Slytherin's house color is green with an accent of silver and I love those colors together!  I dug through my nail polish collection and pulled out a green polish and a silver polish and here they are:

OPI's "Jade Is The New Black" and Sally Hansen Xtreme Wear's "Celeb City."

The green polish is OPI's "Jade Is The New Black" and the solver is Sally Hansen Xtreme Wear's "Celeb City."  I knew right away that I wanted to do the accent nail in silver and the rest in green, so after applying a base coat I applied two coats of color on each nail and then a quick drying top coat that way there would be no smudging when I did the nail art.  After that I decided to put a big letter "S" on top of the accent nail, with the "S" standing for Slytherin.  Once that was done I looked at my nails and decided it was missing something, and that something was polka dots.  With a green "S" on my silver accent nail I decided to put silver polka dots on my green nails.  For both the polka dots and the "S" I used different sized dotting tool from this set:


Similar dotting tools can be found on Amazon by searching "Dotting tools" in Beauty.

After all the nail art was added to my nails I added another coat of a quick drying top coat polish.

Overall I am very pleased with how this nail art turned out and I received several compliments about them while I was at the parks.  This nail art could easily be tweaked to represent any of the four houses in the Harry Potter books or for that matter you could use this for school spirit day.  Al you would need to do is select the right house or school colors and change the letter to the first letter of the house or school.

This nail art is fun and simple and I will definitely be tweaking it for other events in the future!

Thanks for reading my blog!  :)

No comments:

Post a Comment