Monday, June 22, 2015

Salon Perfect "Ruby's Cube"


Hi guys!  Even though Mondays aren't always fun I decided to bring the fun with a glitter polish! So wihout any further ado, today's nail polish is Salon Perfect's "Ruby's Cube."

"Ruby's Cube" is a play on the word Rubix Cube and is of course a multi-colored square glitter nail polish.  The square glitter is fun and different.  (I have nothing else quite like it in my collection anyways.)  Formula wise I was very surprised how easy it was to get the square glitter on my nail!  However while the first coat laid flat the second coat created a lumpy effect from the clear base polish.  I would suggest wearing just a single coat of "Ruby's Cube" on top of a base color.  As always I decided to test out how "Ruby's Cube" would look on several different colored polishes.


First I decided to test out "Ruby's Cube" over a white nail polish.  So I picked out Sally Hansen's Xtreme Wear's "White On."  This combination is quite fun and it reminded me of sprinkles on a birthday cake!


Second I tried out "Ruby's Cube" over a bright yellow polish.  I picked out Sally Hansen's Xtreme Wear's "Mellow Yellow."  This combination reminded me of a piñata and was easily my least favorite out of all the combos I tried.

If you want to know more about "Mellow Yellow" check out my post from last Summer: http://perfectlypolished12.blogspot.com/2014/07/sally-hansen-xtreme-wear-mellow-yellow.html


The third nail polish I decided to try under "Ruby's Cube" was a deep blue nail polish.  So I picked out Nicole by OPI's "Live In The Momentum."  This combo sad does nothing for either nail polish.  You can clearly see "Ruby's Cube" but I'm not a fan of the color combo.


The fourth, and final, polish I decided to try with "Ruby's Cube" was a black nail polish.  This black polish was Sally Hansen's Hard As Nail's "Black Heart."  My favorite combo out of all the ones I tried "Black Heart" just makes "Ruby's Cube" pop so well!

Overall I am very pleased with Salon Perfect's "Ruby's Cube."  This polish is one of my favorites because of how easy it is to apply!  Also the variety of color makes it easy to pair with a large number of base polishes!  While this isn't an every day nail polish I will be wearing it again!

Thanks for reading my blog!  :)

No comments:

Post a Comment