Thursday, November 22, 2018

Ice Cream Drip Nail Art


Hey guys and happy Thanksgiving to everyone in the United States who celebrates!  Today's nail polish is actually some fun ice cream drip nails. I've seen a ton of people on Instagram creating this design so I couldn't resist giving it a go myself!  (Even if is it cold outside and totally not ice cream weather!)

First off I selected these nail polishes to create the design with:

Essie's "Cocktails & Coconuts" and "Hot Coco", OPI's "Look At My Bow!" and "Exotic Birds Do Not Tweet", Color Club's "Tic-Tac-Toe", Sally Hansen Insta Dri's "Rapid Red" and OPI's "Tile Art To Warm The Heart."

Next I painted my nails with two coats of  Essie's "Cocktails & Coconuts."  This is a really nice light beige that works perfectly for a waffle cone.


Afterwards I used some dotting tools from Amazon  and Essie's "Hot Coco" to create the checked lines of the cone.  It looked so adorable:


Afterwards it was time to decide what flavor if ice cream to decorate my nails with!  I settled on strawberry (mainly because it is my favorite and also because I own a lot of pink nail polished to choose from!)  After that I used the dotting tool and OPI's "Look At My Bow!" to add ice cream drips to my nails.  Then my nails looked like this:


Lastly the ice cream needed some sprinkles - the best part of ice cream!  I used bunch of colored polishes to dot the sprinkles on.  Then I finished out with Orly's "Sec N' Dry" as the quick drying tip coat.  The finished look was adorable:


If you want to know more about Essie's "Cocktails & Coconuts"Essie's "Hot Coco"OPI's "Look At My Bow!"Sally Hansen Insta Dri's "Rapid Red" or Color Club's "Tic-Tac-Toe" check out some of my previous posts!

Overall aside from a bit of smudging I am really pleased with how this nail art turned out!  Now if only the weather would be warm enough to eat ice cream and have it melt.  (Is it Summer yet?)

Be sure to follow along on Instagram and Twitter @PerfPolished12 to keep up with all the nail polish adventures!

Thanks for reading my blog!  :)


No comments:

Post a Comment