Saturday, November 3, 2018

Cornhuskin' Nail Art


Hi all and happy Saturday!  So today's nail art is something different as it represents a unique tradition from my alma mater, Meredith College.  I graduated in 2012 but the tradition of Cornhuskin' is known to all MCGs! (Meredith College Girls.)  If you want to learn a bit more about what Cornhuskin' is you can look it up on YouTube.  But in short it is a class competition featuring skits, dancing and acting as the main event.

First I needed to select some corny colors!  I picked out these beauties:


Next it was time to start my nails.  I used Lisa Lacquer's "Pineapple Smoothie" as the base yellow.  Here's how it looked after two coats:


Next I used some basic dotting tools from Amazon to create the corn detail using OPI's "Exotic Birds Do Not Tweet", Covergirl's "Sulfur Blaze" and Pahlish's "Hufflepuff."  Here's how turned out:


After that it was time to add the leaves in green.  I used two coats of Sally Hansen Xtreme Wear's "Green Thumb" for the leaves.  And after that I applied my quick drying top coat by Orly and my Cornhuskin' nails were done:


If you want to know more about Lisa Lacquer's "Pineapple Smoothie", Covergirl's "Sulfur Blaze" or SallyHansen Xtreme Wear's "Green Thumb" check out some of my previous posts!

Overall I love how they turned out and now I am all set to cheer on the current Meredith classes I the competition.  (Go evens!). Does your alma mater have any odd traditions or things that are uniquely theirs?  And if Cornhuskin' isn't your thing I'm pretty sure you can rock these for Thanksgiving!

Be sure to follow along on Instagram and Twitter @PerfPolished12 for more nail polish fun!

Thanks for reading my blog!  :)

No comments:

Post a Comment