Sunday, May 19, 2019

Sponge and Stamp: Flowers


Hi all and happy Sunday!  Today's nail art is my attempt to stamp over a sponged design with flowers so we'll see how it turns out.  (Please forgive my terrible sponge "technique."). Here are the nail polishes I picked to create the design with:

OPI "Lima Tell You About This Color!", Bundle Monster Colors "Straight Up Black" and OPI "Samurai Breaks A Nail."

After applying cuticle protector I used a basic sponge to dab this design on using OPI's "Lima Tell You About This Color!" and OPI's "Samurai Breaks A Nail."  Here's how my nails looked after the sponged design:


Next I used Bundle Monster Color's "Straight Up Black" to stamp on the design.  I used Maniology's plateMXM005, which looks like this:


The final look turned out pretty well, I think, for my first attempt at stamping over a sponge.  Look how pretty the flowers look up close:


Overall I am pretty happy with how this design turned out - though my touch up skills still leave a lot to be desired.  However I do think this is the best stamping I have had thus far.

Be sure to follow the blog on Instagram and Twitter @PerfPolished12 to keep up with all things nails!

No comments:

Post a Comment