Saturday, May 4, 2019

Sally Hansen Xtreme Wear "Lightshow"


Hi guys and a very happy Saturday!  The sun was out all day so I dug out another glitter nail polish!  So without further ado, today's nail polish is Sally Hansen Xtreme Wear's "Lightshow."  Here's how this glitter polish looks int he bottle"


"Lightshow" features silver bar glitter and pink and white hexagonal glitter all in a clear base.  The formula of this nail polish was horrific!  The clear base was watery but actually made my nails thick and goopy.  Plus the glitter refused to come out of the bottle and go onto my nail.  Look how goopy it made the nails:

However I decided despite the goop to try it out over a few opaque polishes.  Here's how that adventure turned out:  (Spoiler alert - it didn't go well.)


The first nail polish I tried out with "Lightshow" was Ciaté's "Hoopla."  This combination could have looked so nice if "Lightshow" hadn't gone all goopy and made my nails look rippled.


After the goopiness of the first attempt I decided to see how thin a coat of "Lightshow" I could use and still get glitter on my nails.  Here's how that turned out on Sephora by OPI's "Mermaid To Order."  The lack of glitter was sad but at least my nails weren't as thick.


The last attempt was over Sinful Colors "Rave New World."  I banked on my earlier attempts and was able to get a bit more glitter in this combination.  It was my best attempt to date, however I still didn't like the finished look.

However the glitter was uniquely pretty:


If you want to know more about Ciate "Hoopla", Sephora by OPI's "Mermaid To Order" or Sinful Colors "Rave New World" then check out some of my previous posts!

Overall I am very disappointed with Sally Hansen Xtreme Wear's "Lightshow."  The glitter is such a pretty combination in the bottle but it just didn't want to come out of the bottle and continued to make my nails thick and goopy.  This nail polish won't be in my collection for very much longer.

Be sure you follow the blog on Instagram and Twitter @PerfPolished12 so you never miss out on the nail polishy fun!

No comments:

Post a Comment