Saturday, April 21, 2018

Nail Art: Citrus Slices


Hello all and happy happy Saturday!  (The sun is shining and I went on my bi-annual trip to the mall.)  Today's nail polish is actually some nail art - YAY!  Since I grew up in Ft. Lauderdale, Florida oranges have always been a normal part of my life - so I couldn't resist putting some orange slices on my nails!

Before I started the design I needed to select some nail polishes.  So here's what I choose:

Cirque Colors "Mermaid Parade", Sally Hansen Xtreme Wear's "Mellow Yellow" and "Sun Kissed", Bundle Monster Color's "Bam! White" and Zoya's "Shawn." 

Next I applied two coats of Cirque Colors "Mermaid Parade" as a gorgeous blue base.  My nails looked like this:


Next I used Sally Hansen Xtreme Wear's "Mellow Yellow" as the bottom part of the slice.  I applied a few coats until I couldn't see the blue underneath.  My nails then looked like this:


After the yellow polish was dry I used a dotting tool to make smaller orange circles inside the yellow circles.  The orange polish I used was Sally Hansen Xtreme Wear's "Sun Kissed."  After the polish had a chance to dry, cleaned up around the edges of my nails and then began applying the white lines to create the orange's veins.  I used Bundle Monster Color's "Bam! White" for the lines because it is a good thicker white polish (can be used for stamping) that stays in place well.  My nails then looked like this:


Finally I applied Zoya's "Shawn" to create a few cute little leaves.  And then my nail art was complete!

If you want to learn more about Cirque Colors "Mermaid Parade"Sally Hansen Xtreme Wear's "Mellow Yellow", Sally Hansen Xtreme Wear's "Sunkissed"Bundle Monster Color's "Bam! White" or Zoya's "Shawn" check out some of my previous posts!

Overall I love how this nail art turned out and the nostalgia for my childhood was strong.  I'd love to wear this design again!

Make sure you follow the blog on Instagram and Twitter too @PerfPolished12.

Thanks for reading my blog!  :)

No comments:

Post a Comment