Saturday, April 14, 2018

Nail Art: Water Marble Redo


Hello everyone and happy Saturday!  Today's nail polish is actually my second attempt at water marbling.  (If you want to see my last attempt see the link at the end of this post.). Last time I struggled to get the pretty patterns and it was a disaster, so this time I did a little more research and watched a lot of videos on YouTube and Instagram.  One of the main takeaways was that not all polishes work well so I picked out Essie and OPI polishes which got a lot of good reviews.

OPI "What's Your Point-settia?", Essie "Meet Me At Sunset" and OPI "Exotic Birds Don't Tweet."

The nail polishes I selected were OPI's "Exotic Birds Do Not Tweet" and What's Your Point-settia?" as well as Essie's "Meet Me At Sunset."  I decided to do fire colors as we are heading into Summer where bonfires are the best way to hang out.  My set up was fairly simple:


I used Bundle Monster's Lotus Mat as well as the brush with the pointed tip to create the designs.  The brush came in a set of eight and worked well.  I also used room temperature bottled water that had time to settle in a plastic disposable cup that I cut to a smaller size.  The other key is to protect your nail beds using either tape or a peel-able product.  I used Bundle Monster Colors  "Poli-Peel.

Here is my previous attempt at Glitter Water Marble as well as a review of Bundle Monster Colors "Poli-Peel".

Overall I think this attempt was far superior than my first try however I have a lot of work to do before I would call it successful.  Of the three polishes I selected spread well in the water so I think they could be used successfully to water marble.  Leave your tips and tricks in the comments to help me become a better water marbler!

And make sure you follow the blog on Instagram and Twitter @PerfPolished12 to keep up with all of my nail polish adventures!

Thanks for reading my blog!  :)

No comments:

Post a Comment