Tuesday, December 18, 2018

China Glaze "Splish Splash"


Hi all and happy Tuesday!  (Only a week left until Christmas!)  Today's nail polish is China Glaze's "Splish Splash" which I had to have because of Bobby Darin's song of the same name.  (Thanks dance classes for always playing a variety of songs!)

"Splish Splash" is a gorgeous neon blue creme.  Formula wise "Splish Splash" was the tiniest bit watery but it dried quickly on the nail and led to some interesting streaks.  The application was very uneven despite my best efforts.  After two coats the nail polish was fairly opaque but not entirely due to the uneven application.  As for chipping, I was able to wear "Splish Splash" for three to four days before it began to chip off in chunks.  The upside was "Splish Splash" did not stain my nails at all!

The best surprise with "Splish Splash" was it dried with a matte finish.  Here's how it looked before the shiny top coat:


Overall I have very mixed feelings on China Glaze's "Splash Splash."  The color is gorgeous and very unique in my collection however the odd application and streak marks were sad.  For now "Splish Splash" will remain in my collection but I'm not sure how much wear time it'll actually get.

Make sure to also follow along on Twitter and Instagram @PerfPolished12.

Thanks for reading my blog!  :)

Try "Splish Splash" for your self by grabbing it on Amazon (affiliate ink)

No comments:

Post a Comment