Saturday, July 4, 2015

4th of July Nail Art 2015!


Hi everyone and Happy 4th of July (to all of us Americans anyways!)  To celebrate our independence from the United Kingdom I decided to do mix and match red, white, and blue nails!

OPI's "What's Your Point-Settiea?", Sally Hansen Xtreme Wear's "White On", Orly's "Snowcone", and China Glaze's "Chillin' With My Snow-mies."

First I needed to pick out the nail polishes.  I went with a bright semi-jelly red nail polish by OPI called "What's Your Point-Settia?" a bright creamy sky blue by Orly called "Snowcone" and a traditional white nail polish by Sally Hansen Xtreme Wear called "White On."  I also tossed in a fun white multi-sized glitter polish by China Glaze called "Chillin' With My Snow-mies."

To create mix and match nails I simply picked out different designs for each nail!  I did use my dotting tools to help me create a couple of my nails, but I free-handed where I could.  Below is an explanation of each of my nails one at a time!

THUMB: I used two coats of Sally Hansen's "White On" and then used a dotting tool to write 'USA' in Orly's "Snowcone."

POINTER:  I used two coats of Sally Hansen's "White On" and then used the largest dotting tool to draw diagonal red stripes in OPI's "What's The Point-Settia?"

MIDDLE:  I used two coats of Orly's "Snowcone" and topped it with one coat of China Glaze's "Chillin' With My Snow-mies."

RING:  I used the braid technique starting with Sally Hansen's "White On," followed by Orly's "Snowcone" and finished with OPI's "What's The Point-Settia?"  Much like braiding hair you alternate colors and braid it down your nail.  (This was by far the most complicated nail of the bunch.)

PINKIE: The simplest nail of all!  I used two coats of OPI's "What's The Point-Settia?"

For all of my nails I finished them off with a quick drying topcoat.  (My top choice is Orly's "Sec'N'Dry."

Overall I love how my 4th of July nails turned out!  They are fun, bright and festive and easy to do! While I love these nails they are definitely not for every day wear but I would definitely be willing to wear these nails next 4th of July!

If you want more details on how to do the braided nail check out one of my previous blogs where I went step by step.  http://perfectlypolished12.blogspot.com/2012/08/august-nail-design-pinterest.html

Thanks for reading my blog and enjoy your 4th of July!  :)

No comments:

Post a Comment